Wednesday, March 31, 2010

REMODELING....

Well, we were feeling ambitious ( I guess) :) We took the "original" kitchen cabinets out of the room and that's how it all started!

Let me remind you that the house is "OLD" and still has concrete or mortar walls. We decided to take the walls down to the 2X4s and sheet rock.




My hubby did the sheet rocking while I assisted when needed. Once the walls were up, I began texturing all 4!! I don't know what I was thinking; but I do know, the 2nd day of doing this task, what my body was thinking :) Finally with the walls textured, I began painting the walls, then the trim, then hanging the trim, then touching up the walls...and so on :)







I can't forget to mention my 2 wonderful helpers that painted with me one day!! I couldn't have finished without them :)






Oh I forgot to mentions; while I was painting, Ryan decided to tear out the old tile that was "popping" off his bathroom floor. There really was no tearing to it, he pretty much just picked up the tiles :)




So we actually have 2 "projects" going at the same time. So Ryan proceeds to tile for his first time and 3 days later the tile is ready to be sealed!!(May I say it turned out beautiful!!)





Oh I forgot to mention the day before we sealed the floor, I had this wonderful idea ( Yeah Right LOL ) to texture the walls AND CEILING in his bathroom and just give it an entire face lift!! So that is what I did!!




Let's just say, it was well worth it!! The bathroom is completely finished and looks marvelous!! Not too shabby for 2 "farm hands"!!





And the "original kitchen room", we are in the process of laying the wood floor and then it will be completed!! I refer to it as the "original kitchen room" because we still have no idea what we are going to do with the space, it's just there!! So we are still throwing around ideas. The one we are leaning towards, is a game table and maybe air hockey for the girls!! We don't know :)



2 comments:

Lisa said...

The tile looks great! You guys have been busy!

Nic said...

What big jobs!!! I'm sure it looks beautiful!! Wish I could pop in to check it out and chat!!!
Miss ya!