Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Last Day of School

Wow! May 22, 2009 was the last time my oldest was a 2nd grader and the last time my youngest was a Pre-K (er). Both of my girls have grown so much over the past year, it still blows me away.

Rylee is at that age that when no one her age is around, she wants to interact with the adults. And when that is not possible, she plays mother hen to the younger children. I can still remember all my fears when she laid in the hospital bed, straining for each breath. I still remember how her tiny fingers felt in my hand and her little feet that were always red from them taking blood there, and I look at them now and it takes my breath away. So many things that could have been wrong with my child, or made her different from the children her age and she turned out "perfect" in every way to her family. She is living proof that there is a God, and isn't He amazing. We have had many lessons this year about the facts of life. We dealt with friends not wanting to be friends anymore. Cuss words that came from friends mouths to other friends, yes in the 2nd grade, can you believe it? I was in SHOCK! We have had many "boyfriend" issues this year and the little boys would bring fake rings to school for the girls. IN THE 2ND GRADE!!! We had a great year though and she is looking forward to the 3rd grade.

Well, I don't know if it is because Abbey is my baby or what, but I was very emotional when I went to pick up Abs. I had tears in my eyes just watching her class play and have snack. Mrs. McGolden had a sad song on and she was crying. I felt silly being the only MOM with tears running down my cheeks, so I went outside for a little while. Mrs. McGolden taught both of my girls and she truly has a gift with this age of children. I have been blessed to have her as the starting point of both my girls school careers. Abbey had an awesome year and learned more than I ever thought possible. She loves school just as much as Rylee, but she learns in such a different way. All of the teachers that both girls have had, Church teachers and School teachers, have already told me how different the girls are; but how they both just have a love for learning. Abbey and Syndney Martens are still best buddies and it was funny to listen to them talk at times. One of them would say, "Sydney" wanted to make friends with Annissa, so we played with her. Or vice versa. They are so cute!

I am now the parent of a 3rd grader and a Kindegartner. I am sure next year will be an experience!






No comments: