Thursday, March 12, 2009

Abbey's First Soccer Game

I can't remember what all I have written about our experience with soccer, so I will give just a little bit of background on Abbey.

She cries, at practice. We ask her why and she says there are too many people watching her. Well, I being the mean mom I am tell her that we started it and we are going to finish. We have gone to 2 practices where she and I sit on the side line, but she is there.

So when the first game came up, I am trying my hardest to make it sound like so much fun. Her Uncle Mike and Aunt Heather were going to be there, her Grandma Barbara and Grandpa Don are there and her Grandpa Kelly came. We get there and there are parents and family members lining both sides of the field....not a good start!! She starts with the tears, goes and sits with her team, and eventually gets put in to play. Needless to say, after a few minutes the tears dried up and she was out on the field smiling. Thank you Lord!!!

She actually ended up playing and having fun...I was so relieved!!!




1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'm glad you are finally enjoying soccer. I can't believe how grown up you look in your uniform.